Welcome to Imperium website (the "Site"). The Site is owned and operated by Sterling Bank Plc. through its Non-Interest Banking window, Sterling Alternative Finance (“We”, “Our”, “Us”). These "Terms and Conditions” apply to the Site, and all its internet operations. The Cost-plus contract is utilized for purchases made on this site.
These Terms and Conditions govern and apply to the grant of access to use the Site and the purchase of any products (“Services”) on the Site by a User ("You", "Your" “They” “Their”). By purchasing, accepting, or subscribing to any of the Service offerings on the Site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions on behalf of yourself and others who purchase, accept, or subscribe under your account. By clicking “I Agree”, you give consent to be bound by the terms herein. Do not use our services, if you do not agree to the terms and conditions stated herein. Kindly review the terms and conditions listed below diligently prior to using this Site as your use of the Site indicates your agreement to be wholly bound by the Terms and Conditions without modification.
You agree that if you are unsure of the meaning of any part of or have any question regarding the Terms and Conditions you will not hesitate to contact us for clarification. These Terms and Conditions fully govern the use of this website. No extrinsic meaning or interpretation, whether oral or written, will be incorporated.
2. ABOUT IMPERIUM
Imperium is a digital marketplace where we facilitate renewable energy transactions by bringing buyers and sellers to converge at one point. We onboard sellers (vendors) and they list their products on the platform. We onboard buyers; they buy their products on the platform.
3. MODIFICATION OF TERMS
We reserve the right to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Terms and Conditions at any time. Changes will be effective when posted on the Site with no other notice provided. Please check these Terms and Conditions regularly for updated terms and conditions every time before using the Site. Your use of the Site after an update has been made to the Terms and Conditions shall mean your consent to be bound by the amended terms.
4. USE OF THE SITE
- You confirm that you are at least 18 years of age or are accessing the Site under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian.
- We grant you a non-transferable, revocable and non-exclusive license to use this Site, in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of Use, for such things as: shopping for personal items sold on the site, gathering prior information regarding our products and services and making purchases.
- Commercial use or use on behalf of any third party is prohibited, except as explicitly permitted by us in advance.
- These Terms and Conditions of Use specifically prohibit actions such as: accessing our servers or internal computer systems, interfering in any way with the functionality of this website, gathering or altering any underlying software code, infringing any intellectual property rights. This list is non-exhaustive and similar actions are also strictly prohibited.
- Any breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use shall result in the immediate revocation of the license granted in this paragraph without prior notice to you. Should we determine at our sole discretion that you are in breach of any of these conditions, we reserve the right to deny you access to this Site and its contents and do so without prejudice to any available remedies at law or otherwise.
- Certain services and related features that may be made available on the Site may require registration or subscription. You will be required to subscribe before accessing those features.
- Should you choose to register or subscribe to any of such services or related features, you agree to provide accurate and current information about yourself, and to promptly update such information if there are any changes. Every user of the Site is solely responsible for keeping passwords and other account identifiers safe and secure. The account owner is entirely responsible for all activities that occur using his/her password or account.
- Both parties agree that browsing the website and gathering information regarding the services provided by the seller does not constitute an offer to sell, but merely an invitation to treat. The parties accept that an offer is only made once you have selected the item you intend to purchase, chosen your preferred payment method, proceeded to the checkout and completed the checkout process. You agree that the acceptance of the offer is not made when the vendor contacts you by phone or by email to confirm that the order has been placed online.
- Your offer is only accepted when we dispatch the product to you and inform you either by email or by phone of the dispatch of your ordered product. Before your order is confirmed, you may be asked to provide additional verifications or information, including but not limited to phone number and address, before we accept the order. Please note that there are cases when an order cannot be processed for various reasons. The Site reserves the right to refuse or cancel any order for any reason at any given time.
- The Site contains ads and promotional contents, by accepting to use this Site, you agree to receive promotional emails from the Site. You can subsequently opt out of receiving such promotional e-mails by clicking on the link at the bottom of any promotional email.
- The platform facilitates credit for the procurement of renewable energy assets; an offer letter will be provided when this credit process is completed. Please read carefully and accept the terms of the Offer to enable you to qualify for the facility.
5. USER SUBMISSIONS
- Where you provide information, including but not limited to, questions, reviews, comments, and suggestions (collectively, "Submissions") we will be at liberty to use such Submission at our discretion In addition to the rights applicable to any Submission, when you post comments or reviews to the Site, you also grant us the right to use the name that you submit, in connection with such review, comment, or other content.
- You shall not use a false e-mail address, pass off as another person or otherwise mislead us or third parties as to the origin of any submissions.
- We may, but shall not be obligated to, remove or edit any submissions.
- By completing an order or signing up, you agree to receive
- emails associated with finalizing your order, which may contain relevant offers from third parties,
- emails asking you to review or rate Sterling, Sterling Alternate Finance and your purchase.
- Promotional emails, SMS and push notifications from us.
6. INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON WEBSITE
- You accept that the information contained in this Site is provided “as is” and “as available”, and it is intended for information purposes only.
- Product representations expressed on this Site are those of the approved vendors and are not made by us. We shall permit vendors to display their products on our site to enable you view and select the products according to your specification. You agree that whatever product your select was done without any duress and that you have considered the product to suite your purpose before ordering the goods.
- Submissions or opinions expressed on this Site are those of the individual posting such content and may not reflect our opinions.
7. ACCESSIBILITY OF WEBSITE
Our aim is always to ensure accessibility to the Site; however, we make no representation of that nature and reserve the right to terminate the operation of the website at any time and without notice. You accept that service interruption may occur to allow for website improvements, scheduled maintenance or may also be due to factors beyond our control, including but not limited to network operator glitch.
8. LINKS AND THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
We may include links to third party websites on the Site from time to time. However, the existence of a link to another website should not be considered as an affiliation or a partnership with a third party or viewed as an endorsement of a particular website unless explicitly stated otherwise. We take reasonable steps to verify these third party links, but we advise that you investigate and accept their terms and conditions before accessing their service offerings. These linked sites are not under our control and we accept no responsibility for any content, including, but not limited to, information, products and services, available on third party websites. Creating a link to this website or referencing our URL is strictly forbidden without our prior written consent. Furthermore, we reserve the right to revoke our consent without notice or justification.
You are responsible for keeping your security information secure and confidential. You agree not to disclose your password or PIN to any other person and shall remain liable for any unauthorized disclosure, loss or compromise of your PIN or password, so you must not share these with other people, even if you think they work for us.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All intellectual property rights and database rights, whether registered or unregistered, information content on the Site and all the website design, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, software, photos, video, music, sound, and their selection and arrangement, and all software compilations, underlying source code and software shall remain at all times vested in us or our licensors. Use of such material will only be permitted as expressly authorized by us or our licensors. Any unauthorized use of the material and content of this website is strictly prohibited, and you agree not to, or facilitate any third party to, copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
11. DATA PROTECTION
You agree to indemnify and hold us, our affiliates, officers, directors, agents and/or employees free from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, related to your breach of this Terms and Conditions.
13. ANTI-MONEY LAUNDERING
You are now subject to and will at all material times in the future comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations concerning the detection of financial crimes, prevention of terrorism and anti-money laundering and you acknowledge that any transaction we deal with on your instructions will be covered by statutory and Regulatory requirements relating to money laundering and combating terrorist financing.
14. FORCE MAJEURE
To the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, we will be excused from performance under these Terms for any period that we are prevented from or delayed in performing any obligations pursuant to this Terms, in whole or in part, as a result of a Force Majeure Event. For purposes of this section, “Force Majeure Event” means an event or series of events beyond our reasonable control, which includes but is not limited to any of the following:
- weather conditions or other elements of nature or acts of God
- acts of war, acts of terrorism, insurrection, riots, civil disorders or rebellion
- quarantines or embargoes
- labor strikes
- unauthorized access to our information technology systems by third parties.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, we disclaim all implied warranties with regard to the App. We do not promise that the information, content or materials displayed on the App are accurate, sufficient or error-free. We do not promise that the information on our system is, when accessed by you, up-to-date or complete. The App and software are provided "as is" and "as available" without warranty of any kind.
In no event, under no legal or equitable theory (whether tort, contract, strict liability or otherwise), shall we or any of our respective employees, directors, officers, agents or affiliates, be liable hereunder or otherwise for any loss or damage of any kind, direct or indirect, in connection with or arising from the use of the Site / services or our agreement with you concerning the services, including, but not limited to
- the use of or inability to use the Site, the service, or the content,
- any transaction conducted through or facilitated by the Site
- any claim attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies in the Site, the service and/or the content
- unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, or
- any other matter relating to the Site, the service, or the content, and any compensatory, direct, consequential, incidental, indirect, special or punitive damages, lost anticipated profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, business interruption, accuracy of results, or computer failure or malfunction, even if we have been advised of or should have known of the possibility of such damages.
16. ACCEPTANCE OF ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS
You agree that this Terms and Conditions, other, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that requires such communications to be in writing.
17. PAYMENT AND PRICING
- We are determined to provide the most accurate pricing information on the Site to our users; however, errors may occur, such as cases when the price of an item is not displayed correctly on the website. As such, we reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order. In the event that an item is mispriced, we may, at our own discretion, either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. We shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether the order has been confirmed and your credit/debit card charged or not.
- In the event that we are unable to provide the services, we will inform you of this as soon as possible. A full refund will be given where you have already paid for the products.
- When you initiate a payment by entering the required details in the Site, you explicitly give your consent and authorize us to make the payment on the details you have provided. It is your responsibility to check that all details are accurate; we will not be liable where wrong details are provided by you. If you are initiating payments related to a purchase, then the relationship for that purchase remains between you and the relevant supplier – We are in no way responsible for that purchase, or any terms set by that supplier. If you think that a payment initiated through the Site may have been incorrect, unauthorized, or not properly executed (perhaps due to delay or other error), then you need to: contact us immediately so that we can investigate and take necessary actions.
This Site is only for delivery of products to customers within Nigeria. We make every effort to deliver goods within the estimated timescales set out on our Site; however, delays are occasionally inevitable due to unforeseen factors. We shall be under no liability for any delay or failure to deliver the products within the estimated timeframes where they did not occur due to our fault or negligence. Our Delivery Policy is as contained in the table below.
2 - 5 Working days
Upon receipt and certifying of goods purchased from “us” you are obliged to fill a delivery form which states goods were received in good condition.
19. RETURN POLICY
Our Return Policy is:
- For orders that support delivery, customers can cancel within 1 hour after placing the order
- For orders that must be installed by the partner, customers are allowed to cancel with 3 hours after placing the order. After 3 hours, cancelation of an order is at our discretion.
- Customers will be given the opportunity to change their address for orders cancelled because the recipient is not at the address at the time
- Orders that were received in damaged conditions should be reported and the orders would be replaced with a new solution
- Any returned solution that was damaged through customers misuse would not be refunded.
- The customer, partner and admin would be notified via email on all successful cancellation.
- After cancellation is approved, the customer’s refund is treated within 14 working days.
20. CONTACT US
You can contact us via email on email@example.com and phone +234 (081) 6413 3937 and +234 (081) 3547 3439.
We will contact you in English language and via this Site, through your email, phone number or home address.
21. GOVERNING LAW AND DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- These Terms are governed by the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- We will use our best efforts to resolve any issue that may arise from the use of the Site. However, we realize that there may be rare cases where we may not be able to resolve an issue to your satisfaction. In the event we cannot resolve a dispute between us, you agree that all matters related to any use or access to the Site or the services shall be referred to Mediation at the Lagos Multi-Door Courthouse, in accordance with the Lagos State Multidoor Courthouse Rules 2007 or extant law.
- In addition to any other legal or equitable remedies, we may, without prior notice to you, immediately terminate the Terms and Conditions of Use or revoke any or all of your rights granted under the Terms and Conditions of Use.
- Upon any termination of this Agreement, you shall immediately cease all access to and use of the Site and we shall, in addition to any other legal or equitable remedies, immediately revoke all password(s) and account identification issued to you and deny your access to and use of this Site in whole or in part.
- Any termination of this agreement shall not affect the respective rights and obligations (including without limitation, payment obligations) of the parties arising before the date of termination. You furthermore agree that the owner of the Site shall not be liable to you or to any other person as a result of any such suspension or termination.
- If you are dissatisfied with the Site or with any terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines, or practices of operating the Site, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Site.
If any portion of these terms or conditions is held by any court or tribunal to be invalid or unenforceable, either in whole or in part, then that part shall be severed from these Terms and Conditions of Use and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other section listed in this document.
Assigning or sub-contracting any of your rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Use to any third party is prohibited unless agreed upon in writing by the seller. We reserve the right to transfer, assign or sub-contract the benefit of the whole or part of any rights or obligations under these Terms and Conditions of Use to any third party.
If you register to use the Site, then you represent and warrant that:
- you will not use, or misuse, the Site in any way which may impair its functionality;
- you will not use another person’s email address, identity or contact detail;
- you will not copy, modify, translate, or otherwise create derivative works from any part of, or reverse engineer any part of the Site (or attempt to do so, or assist anyone else to do so);
- you will not sell, transfer, or assign any rights you have in relation to the Site – this includes sharing your access or information from the Site with any other person
- you are solely responsible for all activities that occur using your password and login whether or not you authorize the activity;
- you will not interfere with, or disrupt, the provision of the Site or its use by anyone else;
- your use of the Site does not contravene the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria;